Canada Inline Announces Jackie Jarrell As Team Canada Strength & Conditioning Coach
Jackie Jarrell is no stranger to Canada Inline. Jackie has been a member and leader on the Women’ National Team since 2006. In the spring of that year, she was introduced to inline hockey way of training in the off season for her ice hockey career at Mercyhurst. Instantly, she fell in love with sport and quickly became an impact player on the women’s side of the sport. Jarrell’s accomplishments at the World Inline Hockey Championships include; 2 gold medals, 6 silver medals, 2 bronze medals and numerous tournament MVP’s and leading scorer titles.
After completing a Bachelor of Science Degree (Sports Medicine) and a Masters Degree at Mercyhurst, Jarrell went on and completed the necessary training to become Ontario’s first ever Trained ImPACT Athletic Trainer. Since then, she has worked with local sporting organizations to develop proper Concussion Policies and Protocols for their athletes.
In 2015, Jarrell built a brand new 6400 square foot training facility in Belleville, ON were she;
- designs and implements training programs for a variety of clients (NCAA, CIS,Hockey Canada, O.H.L., rep athletes, cancer patients and adult clientele)
- trains various athletes and teams which include hockey, soccer, softball, baseball, volleyball,track and field, cross country, basketball, lacrosse, skiing and rugby
- developed and currently implements ImPACT Baseline and Post-Injury Concussion Testing to organizations in Quinte area, over 500 athletes in the program
- is partnered with Companies: Biosteel, The Treadmill Factory, Polar Electro and Under Armour
Jarrell’s strength and conditioning resume also includes;
- being a strength coach at OHL Combine where she assisted with Prospects Fitness Testing
- assisted with N.H.L. Referees Fitness Testing
- assisted with Hockey Canada’s fitness testing U18 Female Conditioning Camp
Unfortunately, due to an injury, Jarrell will not be able to compete at the 2018 World Inline Hockey Championships in Asiago, Italy. For the 2018 season, Jarrell’s role will be to;
- provide players with an age-appropriate training plan leading up to tournaments
- provide teams with nutrition information leading up to tournaments
- answer e-mails from players/parents with any questions regarding training
- educate younger athletes and their parents about the importance of tournament preparation
Canada Inline is grateful and honoured that Jarrell is wanting to stay involved and share her knowledge with the next generation of athletes.